Sunday, May 20, 2007

So many things, so little time. Random thoughts.

Yea, it's an irony. But i'm not talking about these 3 months of holidays before crazy school life starts again.

It's about your whole life.

Suddenly, y0u reach one of the points in your life where you take a step back again and start to look at it from a third person's point of view.

You begin to wonder, what do i want to achieve, really? To be top in your field of expertise....but working in another field? With paper qualifications in this and that etc? "Jack of all trades, master of none"...What's the point? To settle down at a certain age, hopefully, and not slog it out for the rest of your life to feed your family and get caught up in the viscious circle of not spending time with your beloved wife and kids? Now i definitely don't want that to happen to me.

How about retiring early and being debt-free, being able to provide for my family without compromising time spent with them? Sounds too good to be true? Then again...whoever said retirement is about age?

How about having a common goal for all that we're doing? As in like, you alwz hear ppl saying, "Doing it for the greater glory of God"...cheem? Yea, my sentiments exactly. But perhaps that's the driving factor behind everything. The motivating factor.

When people talk about having dreams, they stop there. They dun realise and don't noe that it's the little things that we do that help us work towards our dreams. Like i said, the motivating factor. Mine? I picture myself seated on a sofa in a nice hse, chillin over some drinks with my best friends and my wife, with the kids runnin in the yard, playin with our golden retriever, havin fun. Being able to see to the needs of my parents in their old age. Being able to contribute regularly to a certain charity of our choice. Taking nice holidays with my wife and kids occasionally.

Perhaps that, coupled with "doing it all for the greater glory of God", is my motivating factor. I'm thinkin now, when the chips are down, which they will be at some point, will i still be strong enough to sit up and relook at my dream?

I believe, dreams can turn into reality. Power of the spoken word, power of the mind and will. What am i doing now to ensure a better life ahead? I hope i'm taking the right path now.

I'm gona go for "Life In the Spirit Seminar" i think..anyone interested in joining me to rediscover your life? I invite you along with me. It's not jus for catholics only but for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.