Friday, January 01, 2010

Goodbye 2009 Hello 2010

So I ushered in the new year with MJ at ET's. was initially down by 23, but some sick hands and I overturned the deficit into a profit of 36. For my own pleasure to remember, a few 'penghu's in a row, plus 2x 5-tai zi-mo including a xiao-san-yuan, a few other 5-tais, a near zi-yi-se, and an animal 'an-kang' were highlights of a super sick MJ luck I had last night. But lately my luck has been rather good of late. Perhaps 2010 will be a life-turning year for me? (think toto haha)

Anyway, I've progressed with my FYP finally. But analysis of results dun seem too convincing. Theory doesn't match the result. But oh well, I progressed.

Exam results came out on the 30th. As usual, subjects which I thought I'd do well weren't as good, and vice versa. But the bright side is I hit a 4 for the first time in my uni life. It may be the norm for some ppl, but I think it's my own personal target this sem and I'm glad I achieved it. My aim is a super high 4.7 next sem. =S

Later on that very same day, rode to town to pass some documents to my friend, but clever me decided to take the chance to not top-up petrol just yet. Luckily, it died at KPO, just within walking distance of cine. Then it wasnt a very pleasant surprise when I saw my friend too. 2 blows in a day. Ok can. Went home, walked to Jelita Caltex, bought petrol and dabao-ed it back to KPO to feed my baby. Pokered that very night. Was doing well, but eventually lost an all-in; perhaps was too rash. What a day.

No comments: