Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One for the World

Ok, so it's not to bad to graduate with a 2nd upper and above, perhaps pursue a PhD, earn some good money, drive a nice car, live in a nice house, with a wonderful wife and some kids running around...Or you know, be like a top businessman, earning some 5-figure income, maybe 6. Attending functions, gracing social events etc. Or just partying away with the rest of the world...Life seems pretty much fulfilled and not boring.

As i was walking past canteen A today, i think there was some nanyang arts fest going on, so hiphop, happening etc..bazaar, clothes...you name it. Somehow, i just don't feel the need to be part of any sort of fanfare anymore.. There was this sudden feeling of weariness suddenly. A weariness of the world. It strikes me during one of those times when you're walking, perhaps back to hall, alone. I reflect.. Nothing seems to interest me. Don't you ever wonder? Life can't be just study, play, go to work, earn money, tussle with the rest of the world for survival, then we just move on when the Lord calls us back.

Don't you feel empty?

Numerous thoughts were going thru my head.. It's so weary and tiring just to live on this earth. Even studying has kinda lost it's meaning for me. I think it's more of a survival thing now. Yes i do want a degree of course. But how much is it worth exactly?

Friends are wonderful gifts from God to us. Else we'd be terribly alone in this world.

I think i've become more introverted over the years. Or perhaps i've just been the case all this while. I realise I seldom talk alot in the company of many friends. Or maybe im just to lazy to talk. I just listen.

I duno if the word independent fits. Cause i still need and want friends. I'm human afterall. I don't think i'll be labelled as shy. Im far from it. Maybe the word(s) is/are "couldn't care less"

Life on earth is real short. I'm 1/4 on the way to bidding this world goodbye. Have i done anything worthwhile in the eyes of God? I don't care if i've done so in the eyes of this world. Im weary. Just want to get on with life.

No comments: