Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Was It Something I Didn't Say?

Spending another night alone
Wondering when
I'm gonna ever see you again...

...I should have told you how I felt then
Instead, I kept it to myself, yeah
I let my love go unexpressed
'Til it was too late
You walked away

Was it something I didn't say
When I didn't say, "I love you"?
Was it words that you never heard
All those words I should have told you
All those times, all those nights
When I had the chance to?
Was it something I didn't say?...

...
...
...I took for granted that you knew, yeah
All of the love I had for you, yeah
I guess you never had a clue'
Til it was too late
You walked away

Oh, oh, all the words were in my heart
Well, they went unspoken
Baby, now my silent heart
Is a heart that's broken
I shoulda said so many things
Shoulda let you know
You're the one I needed near me
But I never let you hear me....

No comments: